Monday, October 10, 2011

Note to self: Obtain breathalyzer

While I haven't quite hit the Ballmer Peak I continue to drink.  Lest I turn out another Windows ME in a bout of blackout drunkenness, I am sticking to vodka, and avoiding whiskey.  One thing I've learned in my life is that it's ok to keep it simple.  Wikipedia says I learned it here, but I was never in the Air Force, so obviously the Keep It Simple Stupid mantra has legs beyond the armed forces.

For my first project I plan to write from scratch a program that will test the user's ability in a field that smarter scientists than I have claimed can be negatively affected by alcohol.  If you've ever woken up from a night of heavy drinking and thought to yourself, "What did I do last night?" Well, you've probably experienced some form of memory loss.  My game will test and perhaps even improve that skill: Memory.

If you can remember your childhood, perhaps you can recall a simple card game of flipping cards over to find the matching card.  This will be that game, but now instead of having to drunkenly remember where you put the cards, it'll always be available right on your computer, in some folder, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment